Lang+Fulton is committed to promoting sustainability. Concern for the environment is integral to Lang+Fulton’s activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our customers to do the same.
Our Sustainability Policy is based upon the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimise the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To review and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
In order to put these principles into practice we will:
- Walk, cycle and/or use public transport to attend meetings, site visits, etc. apart from in exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive.
- Avoid physically travelling to meetings, etc where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with customers.
- Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working, etc and promote the use of public transport by locating our office in an accessible location.
- Minimise our use of paper and other office consumables, for example by doublesiding all paper used, and identifying opportunities to reduce waste. As far as possible arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, glass, metal, plastic, cardboard, computer supplies and redundant equipment.
- Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment: low energy lighting, eco-friendly power-switching sockets, and general good housekeeping.